DCI Standard Warranty
DCI warrants that it will either repair or replace any product that fails to operate in conformity to DCI’s published specifications at the time of shipment due to a defect in materials or workmanship during the warranty period for that product, subject to the terms set forth below.
|Falcon Transmitters (15”, 19", and 24”)||Three years from date of purchase or first 500 hours of use, whichever occurs first.|
|All Other Transmitters||Ninety days from date of purchase|
|Receivers, TrakStands, Remote Displays, Battery Chargers, and Rechargeable Batteries||One year from date of purchase|
|Software*||One year from date of purchase|
|Other Accessories||Ninety days from date of purchase|
|Service/Repair||Ninety days from date of repair|
* For software products, in lieu of the warranty set forth above, DCI warrants that it will either update any defective software to bring it into material compliance with DCI’s specifications for such software, or refund the purchase price paid for the software.
- The 3-yr / 500-hr warranty period for a Falcon transmitter is conditioned on registration of the purchase with DCI within 90 days of the date of purchase. If the customer fails to register the purchase during this time frame, the warranty period for the transmitter will instead be ninety days from date of purchase.
- Warranty coverage for a warranty replacement transmitter shall tie back to the original transmitter(s) submitted for warranty coverage. For example, if a Falcon transmitter is owned for one year and used for 250 hours, the warranty coverage for the replacement will be an additional two years or an additional 250 hours of use, whichever comes first.
- “Hours of use” for purposes of the Falcon transmitter warranty means active run-time hours, as measured internally by Falcon transmitters.
- In the event of a valid warranty submission, the choice of remedy (for example, to repair or replace a defective product or, in the case of defective software, to update or refund), shall be at DCI’s sole discretion. DCI reserves the right to use remanufactured replacement parts for repairs.
- The above warranties only apply to new products purchased directly from DCI or from a DCI-authorized dealer.
- The ultimate determination of whether a product qualifies for warranty replacement shall be at DCI’s sole discretion.
- Transmitters that have exceeded the maximum temperature, as indicated by the system.
- Defect or damage caused by misuse, abuse, improper installation, improper storage or transport, neglect, accident, fire, flood, use of incorrect fuses, contact with high voltages or injurious substances, use of system components not manufactured or supplied by DCI, failure to follow the operator’s manual, use other than that for which the product was intended or other events beyond the control of DCI.
- Any transmitter used with an improper housing, or damage caused to a transmitter from improper installation into or retrieval from a housing.
- Damage during shipment to DCI.
Any modification, opening up, repair or attempted repair of a product, or any tampering or removal of any serial number, label or other identification of the product, will void the warranty.
DCI does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of data generated by HDD locating systems. The accuracy or completeness of such data may be impacted by a variety of factors, including (without limitation) active or passive interference and other environmental conditions, failure to calibrate or use the device properly and other factors. DCI also does not warrant or guarantee, and disclaims liability for, the accuracy and completeness of any data generated by any external source that may be displayed on a DCI device, including (without limitation) data received from a drill rig.
DCI may make changes in design and improvements to products from time to time. DCI shall have no obligation to upgrade any previously manufactured DCI product to include any such changes.
THE FOREGOING IS THE SOLE WARRANTY FOR DCI PRODUCTS (OTHER THAN THE 5-YR/750-HR EXTENDED WARRANTY FOR FALCON 15/19” TRANSMITTERS). DCI DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IMPLIED WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY ARISING FROM COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, COURSE OF DEALING, OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
In no event shall DCI or anyone else involved in the creation, production, sale or delivery of the DCI product (“partners”) be liable for any damages arising out of the use or inability to use the DCI product, including but not limited to indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, or for any cover, loss of information, profit, revenue or use, based upon any claim for breach of warranty, breach of contract, negligence, strict liability, or any other legal theory, even if DCI has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall DCI or its partners’ liability exceed the purchase price for the product.
This warranty is not assignable or transferable. This warranty is the entire agreement between DCI and purchaser, and may not be expanded or amended in any way other than in writing by DCI.
DCI personnel may be present at a job site to demonstrate basic usage, features, and benefits of DCI products. DCI personnel are present only to demonstrate a DCI product. DCI does NOT provide locating services or other consulting or contracting services. DCI does not assume any duty to train the user or any other person, and does not assume responsibility or liability for the locating or other work performed at a job site at which DCI personnel or equipment are or have been present.
Users can register the DCI product with DCI through its product registration website at digital-control.com/warranty-registration.
This document is a translation of the original English language version of this document. The purpose of this translation is to assist the product user. However, in the event of any discrepancy in meaning or interpretation between the translation and the original English language version, the original English language version shall control. A copy of the original English language version of this document may be found at www.DigiTrak.com. Under Service & Support, click Documentation and select from the Manuals drop-down menu.